Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Animoto - A Video Intro to a Geology Project

This is my latest creation using the Animto tool - an introduction to the unit-ending National Parks Project for our Geology Unit.  The objective is for the students to apply all that they have learned about plate tectonics, mountain building, earthquakes, volcanoes, weathering and erosion to a National Park that they have researched.  I plan to introduce this project in mid-December, and also to have a more Web 2.0 feel to the project itself  for student work. I'll use this video to jump-start the creative juices!

I am hoping that I can encourage many of my students to use the tools like Animoto, SlideShare and Prezi to mover away from the basic PowerPoint and Poster Board presentations.  I do realize that not all will do so, but perhaps a few will.  And it'll be a learning curve for me as well as I'm navigating through the tools.  My first task is to create a site where the project details will be available, and then provide the resources for students to develop their own sites.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I got goose bumps. Makes me want to join your class. Five stars.

    Dennis Richards

    ReplyDelete