Thursday, December 10, 2009

Latest from the Classroom


This week I experienced some milestones with the use of the classroom web site. Each week I have been posting the content, animations, images and videos of topics we have been covering. Several students had shared with me that they have used the web page at home to either catch up on work due to absence, get the latest assignment and even develop videos on their own which we then posted to the web page while in class. I even had a student show me the printed pages of the site that he used as a study guide for last week's chapter test. Slowly the web page is becoming integrated into everyday (and night) classwork, and it's great! Students on their own have been using Wordle, Animoto, Xtranormal and Slideshare to develop their own assignments. I am so excited that the investment of time is starting to show reward in the classroom, for the students and me!


Tomorrow I kick off the National Park Project through the use of another blog page National Park Project which will be another first.  I am excited by students having the capability to have access to all the tools, the research, rubrics and web sites available to them both at school and at home. The plan is to enable students to open, edit and save their research Word documents without the printing of reams of paper, and thus also being Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment